INFLUENCE OF UKRAIN ON PATIENTS WITH SURGICALLY TREATED BREAST CANCER. PART III. THE IMMUNE SYSTEM
FOMIN K.A.1, UGLYANICA K.N.1, NEFYODOV L.I.2, DJURD T.I.3, NOWICKY J.W.4, BRZOSKO W.J.5*, JANKOWSKI A.6
1) Medical Institute, Grodno, Belarus.
2) Institute of Biochemistry, Belarussian Academy of Sciences, Grodno, Belarus.
3) District Hospital, Grodno, Belarus.
4) Ukrainian Anti-Cancer Institute, Vienna, Austria.
5) Roch Brzosko Memorial Centre for Natural Medicine, Willowa 8/10, 00-790 Warsaw, Poland.
6) Clinic of Developmental Age Immunology, Medical Academy, Wroclaw, Poland.
* Author to whom correspondence should be addressed.
Summary: The present study was undertaken to evaluate the influence of Ukrain on immune parameters in ten patients with breast cancer, treated with the drug in the preoperative phase. The control group consisted of eight patients of similar age and advancement of the disease, who did not receive Ukrain before mastectomy. The data were compared with the parameters obtained in 15 healthy blood donors. It found that treatment with Ukrain distinctly regulates cellular and, slightly, humoral immunity non-specific immunity and also complement activity.