INFLUENCE OF UKRAIN ON PATIENTS WITH SURGICALLY TREATED BREAST CANCER. PART I. CLINICAL AND LABORATORY PARAMETERS
UGLYANICA K.N.1, FOMIN K.A.1, NEFYODOV L.I.2, NOWICKY J.W.4, BRZOSKO W.J.4*, JANKOWSKI A.5
1) Medical Institute, Grodno, Belarus.
2) Institute of Biochemistry, Belarussian Academy of Sciences, Grodno, Belarus.
3) Ukrainian Anti-Cancer Institute, Vienna, Austria.
4) Roch Brzosko Memorial Centre for Natural Medicine, Willowa 8/10, 00-790 Warsaw, Poland.
5) Clinic of Developmental Age Immunology, Medical Academy, Wroclaw, Poland.
* Author to whom correspondence should be addressed.
Summary: Studies were undertaken to evaluate the influence of Ukrain on clinical and laboratory parameters in ten patients with breast cancer treated with the drug in the preoperative phase. The control group was composed of eight patients of similar age and advancement of the disease who did not receive Ukrain before mastectomy. Data from the present studies indicate that the drug is distinctly helpful from the surgical viewpoint by increasing tumour hardness and enlargement of metastatic lymph nodes. Furthermore, treatment with it is fully safe, with no side effects or allergic reactions.